Adult Faith Formation
“We, as the Catholic Bishops of the United States, call the Church in our country to a renewed commitment to adult faith formation, positioning it at the heart of our catechetical vision and practice.” (From the “Our Hearts Were Burning Within Us”, A Pastoral Plan for Adult Faith Formation in the United States National Conference of Catholic Bishops, Nov. 17, 1999).
St. Charles Parish recognizes the vital importance of the catechesis of adults. It is committed to promote mature adult faith that would foster true Christian discipleship.
The Adult Faith Formation Program of St. Charles Parish will strive to nourish Catholic adults with the Gospel message that they may grow in faith, make the meaning of the Gospel relevant to their daily life, and actively participate in the life and mission of the Catholic Church through a comprehensive catechetical program and various spiritual formations.
- To invite and welcome adult parishioners to encounter Jesus in the fullness of our Catholic faith;
- To foster gospel values in our Parish so that our Catholic faith will have an impact on every family as it is considered the “domestic church”, and in our community in general;
- To nourish and enrich our adults to continue their faith and spiritual formation, and to live their faith through prayer, study and action;
- To encourage and develop enthusiasm among our adult parishioners in their faith that they may desire to share it with their families and others.
- To develop a comprehensive adult faith formation program.
- To offer ongoing spiritual formation and enrichment workshops.
- To promote individual or group discussion and dialogue on Scripture and Catholic teachings.
- To provide guidance and direction to the adult parishioners to various parish ministries and church activities.
We invite adult parishioners to participate in the following programs, as needed:
- Adult Confirmation
- Baptism Seminar
- Basic Catechist Formation
- Bible Study
- Disciples in Mission (Small Church Communities)
- Parents Sacramental Preparation
- Parish Retreat
- Rite of Christian Initiation of Adults